Gardening and lawn maintenance are exciting and rewarding hobbies, especially if you have a big garden to boast in which you have put in years of work. However, unwanted weed growth can be pretty damaging to a garden, setting us months back.
If you don’t want that, you may want to take a look at geotextile fabric that you can use as a ‘base’. For instance, you can use it to law a crushed stone around a fire pit or your pole barn. You can also use it to cover difficult to mow areas around your lawn, especially if you have a weed problem.
The Mutual WF200 can be a great choice for this, and we will tell you why.
A premium product from Mutual Industries, it measures 300 feet in length and 6 feet in width. Apart from being handy to stop weed growth in gardens, the Mutual WF200 is also used to separate the aggregate and subgrade on working road sites.
Tensile Strength: 4/5
Woven with high-quality polypropylene fabric, the product shows high grab tensile strength, valued at 205 pounds (lb). The numbers speak for the product as it can withdraw high shear and resistance from paver vehicles when they run over it.
When it comes to effectiveness, we love its resistance to rotting and degradation from biological factors, resistance to acidic and basic PH materials, and UV light stability. The geotextile fabric can also stop the growth of weed, prevent the washing away of soil, and the systematic leaching of water to the plants under. The best part is that you will see water draining through it just as through ordinary garden ground covers.
Ease of Installation: 4/5
Like most geotextile fabric products, the ease of installation can vary from product to product. With this one though, all you need to do is unroll to get started. With the Mutual WF200, installation on a garden area or an outdoor work surface is more comfortable. However, do note that the product is heavy-duty, and you will require a helping hand for installation.
Now, the design of this weed barrier product is not something extraordinary or bright. It is a geotextile fabric product and not a yoga mat, after all. The woven polypropylene product gives a fibrous texture, which is permeable to water. Along the outer perimeter of the product is a red color stitching; the stitching color can vary from batch to batch.
View on Amazon: Mutual WF200 Polyethylene Woven Geotextile Fabric
Size: 6′ x 300′
Lifetime: 15+ years
Weight (LBS): 30
Material: Woven geotextile fabric
- With UV resistance, you have to worry less about photocatalytic degradation.
- The water retention capacity by the geotextile fabric spares you the overwatering activity and worrying about the plants growing underneath.
- The product is also permeable to air and does not hinder wanted plants’ growth.
- According to the product’s official specifications, the permeability index for water is valued at 0.005 cm/sec. It falls under the standard requirements and is considered positive for such a heavy-duty product and thickness.
- You install a barrier to stop weed growth, and you need results. The product delivers in its core department, effectively halting the growth of unwanted weed.
- Do you want a beautiful and leveled gravel driveway? The Mutual WF200 can prevent weeds’ growth and holds the ground underneath, preventing gravel shifting.
- The right product selection is essential in every department, especially valid for selecting a geotextile fabric woven weed barrier. Some plants that require excessive water and circulating air may not perform or thrive under this product.
- For some, the installation of the fabric can be troublesome. As mentioned previously, a heavy-duty product is hard to handle by a single individual and requires assistance for installation. But even with help, the installation can get messed up, so it is best to call for professionals to do the job.
The tensile strength, durability, ease of installation, effectiveness in weed management, and resistance to degradation make this a good buy.
Mutual WF200 is the choice you want to make when you have trouble managing your garden and the pesky weed leeching on your healthy plants. The monsoon season can get scary when weed has a lot of potentials to grow.
You do not necessarily have to be into gardening to use this product, as its applicability is useful for road working, pavers, and low-grade construction work as well.